What is Big Data ?
We are surrounded by data. Private businesses make the most of data by collecting it and analyzing it for useful information. Data is released in huge quantities by cell phones, the internet, social media, etc. With volumes of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, we call it “big data.” Business is playing with these data sets, which prove useful in obtaining valuable information.
There Are Three Data Types.
- Structured data is a database of organized data that can be used by companies for effective data processing and analysis. It is written in a specific format so that it can be understood by search engines.
- Unstructured data is data with an unknown form. This creates many challenges for companies in the processing stage because of the heterogeneous types. This data is a combination of text files, images, videos, etc. This raw data can only produce values after being processed and analyzed.
- Semi-structured data is not like complex unstructured data and can be processed and analyzed with the help of metadata tagging, which can capture useful information related to these tags.
Big Data Applications
- Big Data for Financial Services: Big data is used by credit companies, retail banks, private financial advisors, insurance companies, etc. This large amount of multi-structured data can be solved by big data. The data will be used for customer analytics, compliance analytics, counterfeit analytics, and operational analytics.
- Big Data in Communication: Big data in communication is used to add new customers and keep old ones. Big data has the ability to combine and analyze a wealth of customer-generated and machine-generated data that is generated every day.
- Big Data for Retail: Here, big data is used to understand customers better and also to handle the huge amount of data every day generated by weblogs, customer transaction data, social media, etc.
A Career in Big Data
The world of big data is huge because it affects many sectors, such as banking and finance, media and entertainment, health, education, agriculture, and online retail. To have a lucrative career as a big data professional, you will need to master analytical skills, mathematics and statistics, Java, and Hadoop.
What is Data Science ?
Data science is the study of raw and unstructured data that is processed through analytical, programming, and business skills. This field uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to generate insights from patterns and trends. Data scientists use technology, mathematics, and statistical techniques to create meaning from unstructured data that is later used to make business decisions.
Data Science Applications
Here, data science algorithms are used by search engines to generate the best search results for search queries within seconds.
Digital marketing makes use of data science algorithms in this case.
A Career in Data Science
Many data science industries are taking advantage of the data science field. These include sales and marketing departments, banking institutions, streaming services, shipping companies, etc. With experts predicting that there will be 40 zettabytes of data by 2020, data science will provide plenty of job opportunities! Hone your skills in SAS, R/Python programming, Hadoop, SQL database, analytical skills, statistics, mathematics, and visionary thinking to land the best jobs as a data science professional.
What is Data Analytics ?
Data analytics is the process of extracting data and categorizing data using qualitative and quantitative techniques. Increase business productivity by gaining operational insights. Big data analysts play an important role in finding better solutions for organizational growth.
Data Analytics’ Utility
- Health: Data analytics in data tools and machines are increasingly being used to track and optimize the flow of patients, medications, and equipment used in hospitals.
- Travel: Buying experiences can be fully optimized with the help of mobile/weblogs and social analytics. In-depth insight into customer wants and preferences can be obtained.
There are many other industries that make use of data analytics. Some of them are gaming and energy management.
A Career in Data Analytics
Consulting and research firms understand the power of analytics in day-to-day decision-making processes as well as strategic thinking. You can take advantage of the lack of skilled people in the field of analytics. If you have a passion for numbers and think you can succeed in a lucrative industry, waste no more time and master programming, communications, artificial intelligence, and data contention skills now.
These three areas are passionate about playing with data. If you are one of the people who can join in this field and are a big fan of numbers and data, don’t wait any longer to hone your skills in the fields of big data, data science, and data analytics.